Master Package Drafter/Designer
901 North Fourth Street Jeannette, PA 15644-1474
We are seeking Detailers/Drafters/Designers with varying levels of experience to assist with the packaging of product offerings. This is a direct-hire position and salary depends upon skills and experience.
This position is in the company' s Master Design and Packaging Solutions group and the primary function of this position is to create design layout drawings to support Engineered Product orders via 3D CAD technology.
The candidate will be designing base plates, support structures, pipelines, and conduit arrangements using 3D CAD. Some 2D CAD work will also be required.
- Work with Engineering data communicated through sketches or by written / oral descriptions and applies all Drafting Manual or Engineering P.E.T. instructions.
- Responsible for reviewing and releasing all work assignments in addition to providing information to the department D.P.A. or Supervisor for scheduling requirements.
- Primarily an individual contributor but has the responsibility to direct shop order activities.
- Analyzes design requests and discusses requirements with the requester to identify principles and offer suggested revisions.
- Analyzes design specifications, requisitions and vendor prints, and layout drawings to identify the requirements of drawings.
- Details and/or checks completed drawings for pictorial, dimensional, structural, and functional wording accuracy and inclusion of all necessary information.
- Prepares a design layout by drawing the components based upon provided information with consideration given to the functional efficiency and cost of the design concepts.
- Designs special tools, jigs and fixtures necessary for the assembly, disassembly and shipment of equipment.
- Answers questions and interprets design concepts and layout details resulting from processing of drafting projects and equipment.
- Maintains related records and files.
- Provides drafting procedure and product change suggestions for consideration and review.
- Performs the functions of a Drafting Project Administrator when required.
- Minor specification review.
- Associates Degree in specialized technology with 3D drafting experience
- Experience using 3D CAD technology; PTC Creo/ProEngineer, as well as 2D AutoCAD software preferred.
- Background in mechanical, piping, and/or electrical design is a plus.