9353 WINNETKA AVE CHATSWORTH, CA 91311
Responsible for managing the overall production schedule, insuring our valuable customers are always delighted, while efficiently loading the production floor. Utilizing exceptional decision making and interpersonal skills, will react quickly and effectively to a fast paced work environment, directly interfacing with Operations Management, Customer Service, Manufacturing Engineering, and Procurement. Will develop and deploy jobs within the ERP system, establish priorities, and revise the schedule according to customer needs, job specifications, and availability or capability of workers, parts, material, and equipment. In addition to exemplary technical skills and work experience, this position requires an entrepreneurial spirit, excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative nature, and tactical agility.
- Communicates daily with the Director of Customer Service to insure that the daily/weekly build sequence is in line with our customer requirements.
- Develops and executes production schedules, material plans and inventory levels based on engineering needs, production demand, plant capacity, and the master production schedule.
- Completes what-if scenarios to aid in production planning and optimization of activities.
- Assists in establishing sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates.
- Analyzes MRP data to ensure accuracy and that materials are on schedule. Advise on critical parts requiring reschedule.
- Understands yields and impacts to MRP.
- Acts as the data steward for planning and schedule related ERP parameters.
- Communicates the manufacturing schedule to all involved parties on a daily basis.
- Readjusts schedules according to production progress, change orders, shipping considerations, or other conditions.
- Works with Buyers to insure material and components are available when needed.
- Coordinates with department personnel to determine status of assigned jobs.
- Tracks and reports progress against the production plan, measures and reports performance to plan via standard metrics.
- Process Improvement: maintains working knowledge of latest developments in master scheduling.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent, along with a minimum of six (6) years of experience in a Manufacturing/Materials environment, which includes at least three (3) years direct experience in planning and scheduling.
- APICS Certification a must.
- Experience in planning and scheduling multiple jobs/projects, and management of planning and scheduling resources.
- Detailed knowledge of MRP Systems a must.
- Experience with business-wide ERP systems (EPICOR ERP software systems a plus) required.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking skills required.
- Exemplary organization and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience with multi-level bill of materials and associated routings
- Project management skills.
- Ability to utilize various computer software programs for work processing, database, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Supply Chain techniques a plus.