Mastercam CNC Programmer
1580 Hecht Court Bartlett, IL 60103
OBJECTIVE: Makes complicated set-ups; operates conventional and CNC equipment, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines to fabricate piece parts per print or oral communication. Programming of CNC equipment and tool/fixture making required.
- Studies blueprints, engineering drawings, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, and/or sample part to determine: dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece; setup requirements; and optimal sequence of operations
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on materials or work piece as guides for subsequent machining
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines (mills, lathes, and grinders)
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors (speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut), or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining; adjusts machine controls
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data
- Creates and adapts fixture and tooling for multiple-run parts
- Work with .dxf and .iges files for faster production of parts, including off-line programs
- Creates and updates records for repeat work
- Confers with engineers, machine assemblers, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems
- Performs routine maintenance of equipment, including testing of machine controls and checking oil and fluid levels
- Maintain ISO13485 Certification requirements.
- Provide incoming parts’ inspection with emphasis on spare and service parts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years’ experience operating CNC & Programing with specific machining experience/skills.
- Able to accurately read machine dial gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring instruments
- Able to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action
- Basic knowledge of materials — general characteristics, stresses, machinability, heat-treating and stress-relieving procedures
- Proficient at operating tool room equipment
- Good math skills — able to calculate fractions; understands basic geometry and trigonometry
- CNC with conversational programing.
- Various machines and hand tools including mill, lathe, grinding, etc.
- Inspection tools such as scales, micrometer, vernier, caliper, etc.