901 E. Ball Road Anaheim, California 92805 | Direct Placement
Under general supervision, analyzes and develops material estimates for proposals in support of current and potential business activities and in response to customer Requests for Proposal. Ensures all estimates are compiled into cost packages in a cohesive and consistent manner according to the Proposal Action Plan. Develops cost histories and estimates to support audits and proposal negotiations. Provides supporting data to company management in price negotiations with customers. Prepares cost summaries outlining and summarizing material estimates contained in contract proposals.
The general description described above is applicable to all material estimating positions. The major distinction between a Material Estimator and other Material Estimating classification is that a Material Estimator is a fully qualified professional preparing, with general supervision, more complex material estimates for medium to large projects and interfaces with customers and auditors.
- Analyze customer requests for proposals.
- Prepare material cost packages that are statistically correct and can be supported through historical, empirical data and/or estimating theory.
- Generate reliable cost estimates that accurately reflect the cost and customer requirements.
- Organize data and estimates from various functional areas into cohesive, audit capable and consistent cost packages.
- Must have the ability to process large volumes of data quickly and accurately.
- Prepare information for audits and negotiations.
- Interface with suppliers and company personnel and customer representative to support material proposal audits and contract negotiations.
- This includes supporting, as required, the Proposal Pricing staff in developing, analyzing, and preparing cost estimates and proposals.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good oral and written communications.
- Strong ability to prepare, organize, and analyze estimates and develop program cost histories to support cost estimates and provide supporting data to company management.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and interface with all management levels, organizations, and companies.
- Proficient with PCs.
- General understanding of cost estimating theories, procedures and techniques.
- General knowledge of Government regulations and company policies and procedures regarding proposal cost estimating.
- Basic understanding of the processes required by the Manufacturing, Engineering, Procurement and Finance departments to perform their duties.
Education and Experience:
- Associate' s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Must have two to three years related experience and/or training.
- Must have strong excel skills, database experience, able to work extremely well with others/team.