Material Handler - (2nd Shift)
1001 Airbrake Avenue Wilmerding, PA 15148
Performs a variety of functions within the shipping and receiving department regarding the movement of materials within the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and unloads materials from trucks.
- Loads and unloads trucks.
- Checks freight for damage material.
- Identifies, unpacks, counts, sorts, weighs, palletizes, packages and protects outgoing product, marks and distributes material and stocks inventory.
- Distributes material to designated destination in facility.
- Transfers and picks materials to proper staging areas and storage locations.
- Operates material handling equipment such a fork truck, pallet jacks, etc.
- Performs preventative maintenance in material handling equipment at the start of each shift and reports defective equipment immediately.
- Operates a computer and enters information (i.e. Oracle) about assignment of inventory.
- Operates various shipping systems (i.e. UPS, radio frequency equipment, etc.).
- Previous experience with material handling equipment.
- Previous experience working in a shipping/receiving environment.
- If required to operate a fork truck, must be “ certified” and have successfully completed formal training by company safety manager.
- Demonstrated computer skills required.
- Ability to operate various shipping equipment and electronic devices such as scales, radio frequency devices, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules and work orders
- Overtime may be required and employees are expected to make the necessary arrangements to accommodate this need.
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime and weekends.
- The Company requires and expects employees to work according to their assigned work schedules and they arrive at their workstation ready for work at the required starting time for their shift.
- This position will be on 2nd shift (3: 15 PM – 11: 15 PM).