2575 Sand Hill Rd Menlo Park, CA 94025
The Technical Planning Department within the Mechanical Engineering & Technical Support Division is seeking a person to join our team in providing material services and inventory control to various organizations. Primary responsibilities include:
- Move parts, assemblies, and materials through the various production shops as defined in the by a work traveler (or other document). Enter each transaction into manufacturing software.
- Perform shipping & receiving activities. Enter transactions into manufacturing software or other appropriate database. Track shipping dates/delivery dates and keep customers/shops informed. Inspect and verify items upon receipt and deliver to appropriate storeroom, customer, or other location. Where appropriate, prepare parts and materials for incorporation into storeroom (divide, count, bag and tag). Maintain records and ensure proper disposition of procurement paperwork, including certificates required for raw materials.
- Prepare “kits” from drawing “Build of materials” for manufacturing and installation activities.
- Act as a storekeeper in any of several storerooms to receive into and issue materials, supplies, raw stock, and equipment. Fill orders and enter transactions in the manufacturing software or other database. Maintain stockroom according to procedures and protocol.
- Review completed production work order travelers for in-production changes, scan paperwork and place electronic versions into electronic archives. Send redlined drawings to design group.
- Assist team in evaluating and improving processes.
- Must be able to work independently and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Have knowledge and experience in warehouse and inventory methods and procedures.
- Must be able to move materials of various sizes and configurations, which will require the use of pallet jacks, motorized pallet movers, forklift, and cranes.
- Must be accurate and have the ability to pay attention to details
- Requires basic computer skills including use of Microsoft Word and excel. Must be able to utilize manufacturing software after being provided basic training.
- Valid CA driver’s license. Requires driving of electric carts and motor vehicles including vans and large trucks.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to perform basic math.
- Will require working in Radiologically Controlled Areas.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/301003