Materials Planning Support I
250 Eddie Jones Way Oceanside, CA 92058
Materials Planning Teams are responsible for the plans, schedules, and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle. They determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, initiate purchase or production requisitions compliant with supply agreements, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis. The Team develops specifications for new contract orders as well as forecasts and plans for labor requirements. They provide timely and accurate input on supplier performance and may be asked to participate in higher level supplier performance reviews with the strategic sourcing team. They also monitor cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
Production Scheduler Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain production orders.
- Provide quick responses to production issues.
- Identify problems and help improve processes.
- Use software to generate reports and schedules.
- Ensure that company deadlines are met.
Production Schedule Requirements:
- SAP experience preferred.
- Experience in production environment.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Ability to create and understand reports in order to make production decisions.
A desire to promote the success of the organization and production staff