7777 Columbia Rd Maineville, OH 45039
Shift: 1st (7: 00am-3: 30pm)
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Based on cut slip instructions, selects appropriate size and type rod from stock rack, sets speed and length into rod saw and cuts rod. Presses flat on rod and checks dimensions to ensure accuracy.
- Base on cut slip instructions, selects appropriate size and type tube or profile from stock rack and sets up required machine accordingly. Cuts material and checks dimensions to ensure accuracy.
- Verifies conformance of all components to specifications.
- Uses various types of roller burnishing machines to finish piston rods.
- Washes rods in cleaning solution to prepare for assembly.
- Deburrs tubes and profiles and polishes as required.
- Washes tube or profile in cleaning solution to prepare for assembly.
- Based on cut slip instructions, selects appropriate components required for cylinder order (construction kit, rod and tube).
- Assembles cylinders by using various hand tools, assembly fixtures, adhesives and lubricants.
- Using specialty machinery fastens end caps on cylinders.
- Tests cylinders using water bath or waterless test station to detect leaks and insure proper operation.
- Cleans and labels cylinder and attaches applicable hardware.
- Attaches proper paperwork to cylinder and routes cylinder to warehouse.
- Restocks rod and tube racks, as required.
- Repairs or discards defective cylinders, as required.
- Maintains clean work environment.
Operation Skills: Lathes, Milling Machines, Shapers, Spindle, Die, Planer, Machine taper
Drilling, Reaming, Boring, Counterboring., Taper boring, Tapping, Undercutting, Internal thread cutting
- High School Diploma or GED and Trade School;
- Or minimum one year related experience and/or training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of hand tools.
- Ability to use computer and word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of measuring equipment.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Metric system.
- Experience in warehouse environment.
- Computer experience.