Mechanical Design Engineer
1820 S. Myrtle Ave. Box 5033 Monrovia, CA 91016
- Hands-on experience in all areas of design and drafting including:
- Detail drawing
- Creation and maintenance of bills of materials in computerized database
- Experience using 3D tools, preferably SolidWorks.
- Basic engineering calculations used in design and drafting.
- 2 years minimum experience in engineering department with formal engineering records and documentation control.
- Formal training and experience applying relevant ANSI standards to design and drafting documentation.
- 2 years formal training in electromechanical design and drafting.
Daily tasks include but are not limited to:
- Plan and execute moderate design and documentation tasks such as electromechanical design layouts and detail drawings, electronic packaging (sheet metal) design, bills of materials, assembly drawings, engineering release packages.
- Develop product structures and bills of materials for custom and standard products.
- Evaluate and execute document change requests then supply engineering documentation to ECO documentation clerks for entry into ERP system.
- Create and update bills of materials.
- Must coordinate own efforts with others, but this is not a supervisory position.