16323 Shoemaker Ave. Cerritos, CA 90703
Mechanical Designer will support design of subsurface compressor systems (SCS) including: motor, compressor and bearing systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply company technical standards and design requirements.
- Conceptualization of new designs based on existing proven designs and innovations.
- Develop required general arrangement drawing, fabrication details and assembly drawings and full fabrication drawing packages.
- Prepare Bill of Material.
- Basic technical calculations in areas of mechanical design and packaging of high-speed rotating machinery under guidance of engineering team.
- Detailing of components and parts; working with inside and outside resources to ensure optimum manufacturing efficiency and cost in design.
- Prepare tolerance stack-ups for assembly and sub-assemblies as required
- Review drawings for completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare changes (revisions) where applicable and maintaining the version updates on the history of the product in the PDMWorks Configuration Control vault.
- Design of associated assembly tooling for the machine fabrication.
- Interact with Engineering Manager, Project Engineer, Design Engineer, other Design/ Drafting staff and Sales Department.
- Provide support to immediate supervisor, project engineers and design engineers within department and other engineering departments when necessary.
- Provide services to automate the design to detail drawing effort.
- Attend project meetings, as necessary.
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to work with others is a must.
- Deadline driven and team oriented.
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Associate Degree in an Engineering/Design.
- 2+ years of experience with Solidworks 3D modeling software.
- Basic mechanical analysis skills; tensile calculation, shear strength analysis, o-ring squeeze.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of GD&T standards, ASME Y14.5 and application to new designs
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in rotating machinery a plus.
- System integration experience, specifically with electro-mechanical systems, bearings and seals, a plus.
- Experience with Solidworks PDM a plus.
- Proficiency in drafting for electrical circuits a plus.
- Experience interfacing with vendors and customers to incorporate their input into final product design a plus.
- Must be self-motivated and an independent worker.