2600 Michelson Dr Suite 500 Irvine, CA 92612
Our mechanical designers and engineers within the BIAF Division have exceptional design and analysis skills to plan and design mechanical systems for buildings and facilities, including: Federal and DOD programs, airports, data centers, hospitals, laboratories, educational facilities and commercial projects.
Candidates for our designer positions must be able to follow our Project Engineers’ design directives and apply diversified knowledge of mechanical (HVAC & plumbing) engineering principles and practices to prepare construction drawings using Autocad and Revit.
Engineered systems and tasks include, but are not limited to, HVAC design, plumbing design, ductwork & piping distribution, load calculations, and controls. Knowledge of fire sprinkler systems is desirable.
- With direction from the Project Engineer, design HVAC and plumbing systems using Autocad and/or Revit.
- With direction from the Project Engineer, perform calculations for HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Prepare drawings detailing the system designed.
- Prepare and document energy compliance calculations and forms (Title 24).
- Select equipment and fixtures for use in the building.
- Manage work with other designers, engineers, and architects.
- Manage quality of work and interface with clients, as needed.
- 10-15 plus years working in buildings-related mechanical design.
- Strong knowledge and use of Revit and Autocad required.
- Experience working on military facilities, airports, data centers, commercial buildings preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- US Citizen.