Mechanical Engineer - Aerospace
35 Melanie Lane Whippany, NJ 07981
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard mechanical engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgement in designing and making adaptations and modifications to equipment such as hoists, winches, and cargo hooks. Aerospace & Defense industry.
- Responsible for equipment design and development.
- Must have CAD Experience, ProE 3D complex modeling (preferred, but can train as this is an Engineering role).
- 3D to 2D decomposition.
- Produces specifications and outline design.
- Reports preparation/design reviews.
- Manages projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- Recommends modifications following prototype test results.
- Defines test programs.
- Performs stress analysis.
- Plans and designs new production processes.
- Mechanics of materials.
- May supervise or coordinate the work of draftsman, technicians and others
- Assists in specific assignments.
One who designs or understands the workings of gear trains, slip clutches, mechanical/machined parts, etc
- Must be able to work independently, but also take direction from Technical Lead.
- Requires B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Advanced and demonstrated capability of CAD, Pro/ENGINEER is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Mechanical engineering, preferably mechanical systems / rotating machinery (transmissions, mechanisms, clutches, gears, drums, cabling involved in hoisting and winching equipment in an aerospace environment).
- New product design experience would be a plus.
- Must have Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing Industry experience.