Mechanical Engineer II
2734 Hickory Grove Road Davenport, IA 52804
The Mechanical Engineer II will be part of the integrated product development teams that develop On Board Oxygen Generating Systems. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Participate in integrated product development teams.
- Design and analyze complex mechanical and pneumatic components for our Oxygen generation/regulation products.
- Evaluate suitability of current products for new applications; work with team to develop bids and proposals for new, modified, or upgraded products.
- Design and analyze packaging for electronic products to be used in harsh environmental conditions.
- Work within team to develop predictive component and product performance models.
- Develop test plans to verify models for component and product characteristics.
- Work closely with suppliers on component and product development.
- Interface with customers as part of development-team programs.
- Provide innovative ideas for improvements to existing products.
- Participate in ideation for new products and technologies.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers.
- Design products and product improvements in ProEngineer/Creo or by working with Designers using ProEngineer/Creo.
- Provide technical expertise to support manufacturing, Field Support Engineers, and customers.
- Bachelor’ s degree in an Engineering Discipline from an ABET accredited program.
- Minimum 3 years engineering experience.
- Experience with Problem Solving.
- Experience presenting technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Experience writing technical reports.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Bio-Medical Engineering.
- 3.0 or better GPA from an ABET Accredited Engineering Program.
- Master’ s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or Bio-Medical engineering degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Formal Root Cause Corrective Action Analysis.
- Experience with in design and analysis.
- Desire to become expert in modeling software (ProEngineer/Creo).
- Experience in writing test plans, procedures, and reports.