Addison, IL 60181
Mechanical Design Engineer --- Valves
- Engineering support for existing products, and new product development.
- Provide design and development of mechanical components, tooling, and fixture support.
- Improve design for manufacturability or to meet customer requirements.
- Improve manufacturing processes thru statistical methods such as SPC charts
- Assist as needed to resolve manufacturing quality issues.
- Conduct product testing, and provide customer support.
- Support lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
Basic Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of design experience in the valve industry.
- 2D CAD modeling experience with Solidworks; FEA/CFD in the design process experience a plus.
- Six Sigma Belt Certificate desired.
- Product evaluation, testing and reporting skills.
- Strong technical and problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of engineering mechanics, fluid power, and manufacturing practices.
- Team player, detail oriented, accurate, organized.
- Self-directed, desire to learn and grow career.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
Competitive salary and excellent benefit package. Pre-employment drug screen required.