2020 E New York St Aurora, IL 60502 | Direct Placement
The Mechanical Engineer will design mechanical and electromechanical systems while working in conjunction with the product design team. Will have the ability to take a project from the conceptual stage through to completion, taking into account budgeting and operational considerations. Will report to the Senior Engineer and create a work environment that is conducive to teamwork and strong professional development.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabrication, building, assembling and installing components.
- Testing finished-product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly and installation processes.
- Understanding of machining and sheet metal fabrication methods
- Understanding of metal welding practices, weld placement and metal warpage
- Ability to integrate hydraulic and electrical components in design
- Ability to design components ranging from individual parts to complex assemblies
- Ability to redesign and produce component improvements where needed
- Hands on design from concept through production
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide field support for products
- High level of mechanical aptitude
- Understanding and complying with government regulations
Company offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, and Prescription Drug Program Retirement 401(k) Program Vacation and Holidays Flexible Spending Accounts Equal Opportunity Employer
Bachelor’ s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required (Master’ s preferred) 3+ years’ project experience Strong knowledge of SOLIDWORKS 3D or similar design software and drafting procedures Excellent prioritization and project development skills