351 Cliff Rd. E. Burnsville, Minnesota 55337 | Contract
The primary function of this job as a Mechanical Engineer will be working on a variety of new developments, updates and engineering problems as and when they arise.
They will also be expected to learn multiple tools and work cross functionally not only within the department but within the company as the business demands. This will include work in Electrical Engineering, Production, Technical Publications and Hardware Test and Commissioning.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Carry out assigned hardware engineering tasks up to and including complex subsystem level, in a timely, accurate, budget-compliant and complete manner, taking account of applicable standards, local and company processes.
- Experience of modern software packages (e.g. Computer Aided Design tools, SolidWorks, Creo) currently used within Hardware Engineering or comparable, Mentor CHS would be advantageous
- Effectively manages own time and resources to ensure that work is completely efficiently, taking responsibility for own actions and decisions.
- Proactively suggest potential improvements to product, local and Company processes to help drive improvement and efficiently
- Must be able to flexibly switch between multiple tasks at short notice according to immediate priories (as directed)
- Strong communications skills, both spoken and written
- Good systems knowledge of Avionics or Simulation. Be able to apply this knowledge to various products (Flight Training Devices and/or Full Flight Simulators).
- A good understanding of impact on Mechanical and Software systems
- Prepared to work cross functionally in other areas of business
- Able to work as sole owner of assigned task or as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and motivation to minimize error, change and rework
- Capable of providing manufacturing support
- Create and maintain or oversee 3D solid models, bill of material data, engineering drawings and product cost models
- Degree qualified or equivalent or several years of directly relevant experience
- Several years’ experience in Simulation or Avionics industry
- Fluency in multiple Solid Modeling CAD packages (SolidWorks, Creo)
- Superior interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Thorough understanding of various manufacturing and production processes
- Highly organized, detail oriented, able to work effectively both independently and in teams