9801 Everest Street Downey, California 90242 | Contract to Direct
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/296674
This position will be responsible for taking machine design projects from conception through production release. Typical tasks include developing mechanical components and subsystems through the process of investigation, specification development, design, analysis and testing. Pro-Engineer is used for all design projects.
This position has two focus areas:
- heavy Machine Design requirement
- heavy Tooling Design requirement
Design includes the selection of part configurations, materials and manufacturing processes to achieve reliable function at low cost. Validate design through analysis and testing.
Help the development from concept to engineering release of new products. Work with customers and sales teams to define requirements and scope of new products and translate them into working engineering specifications. Make design layouts in 3D Cad using PRO/Engineer software. Perform classical engineering analysis on designs; conduct engineering stress analysis where applicable.
Produce detail engineering and assembly drawings for manufacturing; perform lab testing for verification and conformance of design outputs to meet the design inputs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for taking machine design projects from conception through production release.
- Strengths MUST be in Machine Development Design and hands-on Design experience.
- Design Machine parts
- Design Sheet Metal and tolerances in 3D ProE
- Develop specifications that meet customer requirements.
- Machine tolerance for material, customer parts, tooling design and tolerances
- Perform tolerance analysis on precision tooling design per customer requirements.
- Create lay-outs for capital equipment products that involve frame design, vacuum chamber and vacuum system design, pressure and vacuum control subsystem design, Pneumatics control system design, automation mechanical and electro-mechanical components and system design and packaging, and system electro-mechanical packaging design.
- Perform machine design of components for customer tooling and sub-system design.
- Perform design reviews.
- Produce engineering documents – create 2-D drawings and documents from 3D ProE, ECO, Bill of Materials, assembly drawings, installation drawings, service bulletins, change orders, engineering test specifications, and releases to production.
- Perform classical engineering analysis on designs when needed.
- Lead in the design, development, testing and field validation of new products or modifications to existing products.
- Analyze and solve technical problems and provide solutions that can be implemented in a timely manner.
- Communicate with customer when needed to resolve technical issues, tooling requirements, tool design for parts (have library to use), custom parts, tolerances
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and assembly to ensure on time delivery of products to the customers.
- Analyze field failures, resolving technical related issues.
- Write SOPs, and replacement docs
- Investigate new technologies or existing technologies that can be effectively applied to equipment designs.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering is a MUST, MSME preferred.
- Minimum five years of machine design engineering work experience preferably in capital equipment environment.
- Knowledge of Failure Analysis is a plus
- Good knowledge of ANSI drawing standards.
- Good knowledge of component part design: castings, extrusions, machined metal parts, machined graphite parts, material and heat treat, and Sheet metal fabrication. (machined parts and fabrication)
- Knowledge of basic components and E/M packaging on CAD
- Experience in design on automation components is highly desirable.
- Electro-mechanical system integration
- Pneumatics, hydraulics, vacuum, pressure, gas and liquid delivery components selection and system integration.
- Structural Analysis.
- Mechanism design.
- Proficiency in PRO/ProEngineer CREO is a must – must pass test on interview.
- Proficient in MS office products.
- US citizen or legal alien.