1395 Gateway Drive Elgin, IL 60124
The Mechanical Engineer’ s primary function and role is to assist in the design and manufacture of machines from concept to production with a focus on high speed automated packaging applications. The candidate will serve as a liaison between creative professionals across all disciplines both internal and external.
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process.
- (DFM/DFA) Design for Manufacture/Design for Assembly.
- Develop standardized design criteria across all product lines.
- Create processes and procedures to help the company meet budgetary goals as well as performance quotas.
- Establish an effective and efficient work sequence.
- Create detailed drawings of parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies for manufacture.
- Generates 3D SolidWorks complex assembly models, part models, and detail drawings.
- Assists with developing operating manuals and assembly instructions/pertinent machine documentation. Initiate purchase and/or manufacture of parts as needed.
- Design and develop new products and product mock-ups alongside the New Product development team.
- Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing challenges.
- Create vendor/manufacturing specific drawings to assist internal and external requirements.
- Manages multiple projects at one time.
- Ensure collaborating and cohesion by participating in cross departmental meetings.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops reviewing professional publications.
- Communication Proficiency cross – functionally to gain alignment of goals and objectives related projects (verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills).
- Strong computer, mathematical and organization skills.
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Conceptual skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Results Driven.
- Time management and personal discipline.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of mechanical parts as well as computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Possess knowledge of packaging equipment functionality and design skills.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of good manufacturing practices, production equipment, policies, procedures, safety and quality control standards.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills required.
- Proficient in SolidWorks, MS Office Suite, AutoCAD.
Required Education and Experience:
- 4 year degree in either Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent related field.
- 3+ years experience preferred with a high degree of mechanical aptitude, experience in automated electric/hydraulic/pneumatic mechanical machinery.
- Work is performed in both an office setting and manufacturing/assembly environment.
- Manufacturing environment exposure with includes noise, dust, moving, machinery, fork-lifts, manufacturing equipment and assembly areas.
- Sitting at a work station for extended periods of time.
- Stand, walk, climb stairs on an infrequent basis.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds on an infrequent basis.
Position Type and Expected hours of work:
- Full Time.
- Days Monday through Friday.