1572 Tilco Drive Frederick, MD 21704
**Required: HVAC experience; Looking for someone with experience in the design/development of CW or DX-based cooling, dehumidification (or similar) equipment
- Researches, designs and documents mechanical/electromechanical products and systems related to commercial HVAC equipment.
- Provides mechanical engineering support for application, fabrication, testing, installation, and repair of electrical/electromechanical products and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides mechanical design of products/heat transfer systems such as chilled water systems, air/water cooled refrigerant systems, and fluid pumping systems in accordance with engineering design standards and customer specifications and code requirements such as NFPA 70, UL 1995 and UL 60335-2-40.
- Selects and integrates mechanical and electromechanical components such as heat exchangers, motors, fans, pumps, compressors, valves, refrigeration components and sensors.
- Creates engineering documentation related to the mechanical design of HVAC equipment such as design spreadsheets, SAP bill of materials, piping drawings and mechanical drawings.
- Designs and models components and assemblies in 3D CAD environment
- Performs simple structural and heat transfer analysis.
- Designs test control equipment and develops methods for testing products or systems.
- Provides engineering support and generates technical information for sales, marketing, applications engineering, production and field service groups.
- Evaluates design requests and specifications for engineering feasibility
- Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate equipment or systems malfunctions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum BSME
- 2 years of experience in performing mechanical engineering duties with direct supervision by an engineer.
- 3D CAD design/modeling (SolidWorks and/or sheet metal design knowledge preferred)
- Experience in commercial AC and custom AHU design preferred, as well as HVAC knowledge and equipment preferred
- Ability to read and understand English instructions.
- Algebra, trigonometry, statistics, and application of formulas and tables to perform engineering calculations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. Individuals must be capable of providing manufacturing/test support through “ hands on” approaches. This involves working in and around the products and systems at the factory or installed at the customer site. Occasional lifting may be required not to exceed 50 pounds without additional support. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an office environment, as well as a manufacturing environment, when providing manufacturing support. This work environment may be at higher noise levels and lower air quality. Individuals may also be required to provide field support for equipment whereby the outside environment may be encountered as well as environments commonly encountered in air-conditioning equipment installations.
- Relocation Assistance: may consider based on experience