9586 58th PL Kenosha, WI 53144
Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyze component function and physical property requirements; understand special concepts with respect to system interfaces; apply proper dimensioning and tolerance principals to modeling, design, and drawing; and interpret project requirements and their relationship to equipment.
• Perform stress analysis of structural integrity on strength of materials, and of machine and structural components.
• Review and interpret contract specifications and drawings to identify equipment and system requirements; identify areas of compliance and/or deviation; design custom fabrications to meet contract requirements; produce engineering submittal drawings; select required ancillary equipment; address contract engineer’ s review comments; and prepare custom fabrication drawings.
• Liaise with fabricator(s) to address fabrication questions and issue resolution in a timely manner.
• Provide technical and design support to shop personnel during equipment assembly.
• Prepare sales drawings; communicate with sales representatives; provide information to consulting engineers.
• Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude and technical writing comprehension.
• Maintain familiarity with engineering terminology, units, suffixes, and abbreviations for materials, production treatments, and company and competitor’ s machines and parts.
• Demonstrate and maintain ability to learn and develop skills quickly.
• Perform any other duties and tasks as may be assigned.