Mechanical HVAC Engineer
Indianapolis, IN 46204 US
- As a Mechanical HVAC Engineer in Indianapolis, you will have the chance to provide technical and application support for our engineering and design group.
- Working with other members of our team, you'll assist with developing design criteria, defining requirements for the systems, developing conceptual design and preliminary design documents, completing calculations related to sizing and selecting systems and participating in the development of Air flow schematic, Duct and Instrumentation Diagrams, and general equipment arrangements.
- During your time with us, you will have the opportunity to perform layout and design of HVAC systems for pharmaceutical and life sciences meeting standards for current Good Manufacturing
- Practice (cGMP) applications and other process related facilities.
- If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you, join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or other engineering degree)
- 10+ years of Mechanical Engineering Experience
- 10+ years of Mechanical HVAC design experience
- Experience with design of air handling systems (100% outside air, recirculating, exhaust systems, dust collection)
- Ability to lead multiple mechanical and plumbing resources on larger capital projects
- Knowledge of design codes and standards
- Ability to work on-site in a team environment co-located with the customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adhere to schedule deadlines and budget limitations
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Computer aided drafting, Revit experience preferred
- PE License is preferred, or the candidate should be interested in obtaining a PE
- Knowledge of plumbing systems preferred (sanitary, storm, potable water, etc.)
- Experience with commissioning and qualification of Building Mechanical and Utility Systems