Mechanical Overhaul Test Technician - 2nd shift
20400 Plummer Street Chatsworth, CA 91311
Mechanical Overhaul Test Technicians have the following key tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean and organized safe work area
- Disassemble, clean, inspect, repair, reassemble and test all units.
- Perform the required set up to test units.
- Keep accurate records through proper documentation of all measurements according to the CMM or relevant technical data.
- Write evaluations report for each unit
- Pass unit on for In-Process inspection.
- Understand all the different forms that are used in the shop i.e. 8130 tags, teardown report, etc.)
- Continuously think of ways to improve work processes
- Always maintain open communication with internal customers.
- Associate degree in related technical field, or equivalent education required.
- Experience in the fields of electromechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic component overhaul.
The individual must be familiar with CFR 145 and EASA 145.
Individual must know how to read, comprehend and understand engineering prints, specifications, overhaul or component maintenance manuals, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic schematics.
They must be knowledgeable with the use of mechanical and electronic measuring instruments and equipment such as; calipers, height gages, depth indicators, micrometers, power supplies, multimeters, pressure gages, flow meters, etc.