PO Box 500 MS 347 Batavia, IL 605100500
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, assemble, operate and maintain fluid systems and their components such as pumps, piping, valves and instrumentation for water, fluid, and compressed gas systems at pressures up to 200-psig, based on drawings, piping diagrams, and sketches as instructed.
- Assists in construction and assembly of support equipment.
- Prepares and tests equipment for operation.
- Generates, or assists in generating Hazard Analysis for work requiring such.
- Conducts periodic safety inspections of area of assignment.
- Procures and maintains inventories of small parts, supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Assists in the implementation of design of equipment and systems.
- Drives quality in all job aspects.
- May act as crew leader for assigned tasks during the lab accelerator’ s extended maintenance period (summer shutdown).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- HS Diploma and 4+ years relevant experience is required.
- Must be proficient in assembling systems using piping diagrams, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Must be proficient with the safe use of hand-held power tools and hand tools.
- Working in a Windows PC environment, and with MS Word and Excel applications are desirable
- Ability to work independently following general or detailed verbal and written instructions is required.
- Ability to work mandatory overtime and perform shift work as needed is required.
- Forklift qualifications are desirable
- Overhead crane qualifications and rigging experience is desirable
- Experience with oxy-acetylene brazing is preferred