Mechanical Test Engineer II
2734 Hickory Grove Road Davenport, IA 52804
Mechanical Test Engineer II
You will support test and verification activities for mechanical systems in Aerial Refueling and Life Support product lines. This position will be responsible for supporting and delivering the product development verification activities from generating test procedures, conducting testing, and reporting of all formal qualification tests. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Works with Program Management and cross functional teams to execute qualification and certification programs.
- Supports development of program verification plans: defining tasks, test events, test configuration, hardware planning, test facility selection, coordination and all appropriate documentation.
- Works directly with customers and suppliers to manage verification of system-level and component-level qualification programs.
- Supports the organizing and leading of complex and dynamic activities for the qualification and certification of designs.
- Assists in root cause problem solving activities using industry accepted methods, processes and techniques.
- Performs failure tracking, participates in failure review boards, and makes recommendations for regression testing or analysis.
- Drives and determines appropriate verification methods and success criteria to effectively manage product quality and compliance.
- Oversees execution of qualification activities for both on-site and off-site functional and environmental tests, engineering analyses, inspections and demonstration events.
- Generates and provides input to test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Travel of up to 30%.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering, or equivalent technical degree from an ABET accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with aerospace mechanical equipment Test/Qualification activities.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experienced with performance and environmental test/qualification activities in mechanical, hydraulic, fuels, pneumatic, and/or electro-mechanical equipment.
- Experienced generating formal test plans, procedures and report documentation.
- Experienced with industry standards such as: RTCA 160D, FAR Part 25, and MIL STD 810.
- Military Air Worthiness and/or FAA certification experience.
- Component level verification experience; system level verification experienced desired.
- Flight test experience is a plus.
- Experience with DOORS or similar requirements management software.
- Experience with aerospace electrical systems, fuel, electro-mechanical systems, hydraulics, and controls.
- Experience specifying test chambers, equipment and/or performing selection and oversight of suppliers providing Test capability.
- Knowledge of material certification testing.