Mechanical Test Engineer
2734 Hickory Grove Road Davenport, Iowa 52804 | Direct Placement
Mechanical Test Engineer
You will support test and verification activities for mechanical systems in the Aerospace industry. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Works with Program Management and cross functional teams to execute qualification and certification programs.
- Supports development of program verification plans: defining tasks, test events, test configuration, hardware planning, test facility selection, coordination and all appropriate documentation.
- Works directly with customers and suppliers to manage verification of system-level and component-level qualification programs.
- Supports the organizing and leading of complex and dynamic activities for the qualification and certification of designs.
- Assists in root cause problem solving activities using industry accepted methods, processes and techniques.
- Performs failure tracking, participates in failure review boards, and makes recommendations for regression testing or analysis.
- Drives and determines appropriate verification methods and success criteria to effectively manage product quality and compliance.
- Oversees execution of qualification activities for both on-site and off-site functional and environmental tests, engineering analyses, inspections and demonstration events.
- Generates and provides input to test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Lift 25 lbs or more occasionally.
- Travel of up to 30%.
- B.S. in an ABET accredited Engineering program.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with aerospace mechanical system Test/Qualification activities.
- Experience generating formal qualification documentation.
- Experience testing mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems and components.
- Experience with Industry standards: RTCA 160D, FAR Part 25, and MIL STD 810
- Must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience with test/qualification activities in mechanical, electrical and environmental qualification testing
- Military or FAA certification experience.
- System verification or flight test experience.
- Aircraft structures testing experience.
- Experience with DOORS requirements management software.
- Experience with aerospace electrical systems, fuel, electro-mechanical systems, hydraulics, and controls.
- Experience with DoD Air Worthiness (MIL-STD-516).
- Tooling design experience.
- Knowledge of material certification testing.
- Ability to work in an office, lab, and indoor industrial environment.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/298815