Beijing, Beijing 100001
Mechanical Engineer (Beijing)
Performs moderate re-design and development efforts for mechanical / structural systems of theme park rides and attractions to provide increased reliability and operational improvements.
Duties include support downtime recovery, troubleshooting, fault analysis, redesign assignments, test and start-up integration of Ride and Show systems.
All work shall be in conformance with ASTM F24 Committee guidelines and compliant with applicable codes, regulations and standards including: AISC, ASME, ASTM, ANSI, AWS, JIC, NEC, and OSHA, among others.
* Implements solutions and performs design modifications to Ride and Show system equipment on assigned projects to include mechanical / structural modifications to complex systems to improve safety, reliability, operational readiness, diagnostics and serviceability of mechanical / structural systems.
* Manages assigned projects from design through installation to include project schedules, testing, training and budget demands.
* Prepares scope of work documents for engineering projects. Develops and conducts Acceptance Test Procedures on control or mechanical systems modifications, generation of maintenance procedures and manual updates. Prepares and conducts maintenance training on mechanical / structural equipment.
* Monitors and interfaces with vendors/ride manufacturers to resolve problems and design issues. Prepares and reviews equipment specifications and performs technical evaluation of vendor products/services.
* Performs engineering calculations for design, analysis, test and implementation of mechanical / structural systems.
* Provides project status of assigned task list items to senior level engineers, Engineering Manager and/or appropriate ride manager on a regular basis. Updates project status via Maximo on a regular basis.
* Maintains configuration management of mechanical / structural documentation in accordance with Engineering’ s guidelines for proper archiving and security.
* Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
Responsible for providing sustaining (mechanical) engineering support for all Ride & Show systems parkwide both daily and on-call 24/7.
Bachelor’ s degree from a four-year college or university in Mechanical, Structural or Civil Engineering or related field required.
Master’ s degree in (list discipline(s)): Master’ s degree from a four-year college or university in Mechanical, Structural or Civil Engineering or related field preferred.
5-7 years demonstrated project engineering experience of mechanical / structural systems in an engineering environment for the development of dynamic motion (mobile) systems in a theme park industry or;
6-8 years experience of mechanical/structural design associated w/ dynamic motion (mobile) systems and components or;
6-8 years of strong analytical skills to perform engineering calculations for design, analysis, test and implementation of mechanical, structural, hydraulic and pneumatic system modifications required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Very strong analytical skills to perform engineering calculations for design, analysis, test and implementation of mechanical, structural, hydraulic and pneumatic system modifications.
* Strong background in design of welded structures, beam elements, welded joints, structural steels, gearing, composite materials, manufacturing and fabrication processes as applies to AWS and AISC.
* Proficiency in hydraulic and pneumatic design, and familiarity with components.
* Strong knowledge and logical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities of mechanical and structural systems.
* Proficiency in mechanical drawings and technical documents.
* Strong experience with motion control, show, and animation systems.
* Strong experience in the generation of component and mechanical system specifications, acceptance test procedures, failure and effects analysis, scopes of work, installation procedures, training procedure, technical and maintenance manuals.
* Knowledge in servo controls as applied to hydraulic, pneumatic, and electromotive motion control systems is required.
* Strong ability to perform engineering calculations commensurate with Baccalaureate training in electrical, mechanical and structural engineering.
* Knowledgeable in NEC, AWS, ASTM and F24 standards.
* Experience in the design of safety critical systems.
* Experience with Allen-Bradley PLC based control systems.
* Experience with AC and DC motors and motor control systems.