220 Seventh Avenue Beaver Falls, PA 15010
Position will fill all service need of a plant metallurgist for a cold drawn bar mill which is focused on the manufacture of special shapes and will report to the Director of Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all product technical specifications including material specifications, annealing requirements, process paths and product certification.
- Responsible for product testing, including external and internal test requirements, metallurgical lab activities and organization product certifications.
- Will assist in continuous improvement activities directed at safety, productivity, product yield, equipment, up and reduced process variability.
- Occasional project management assignments.
- Support sales growth activities with product technical expertise.
- Act as back-up for shop floor or maintenance supervisor as needed.
- 3-5 years of diverse plant or product engineering assignments in steel industry with clear career direction in heavy manufacturing.
- Bachelor of Science, Metallurgy or Metallurgical Engineering.
- Strong internal and external customer focus.
- Working understanding of steel annealing processing and effects to achiever mechanical properties.
- Proficiency in integrated ERP system.
- Comfortable on shop floor, interacting with operators for process improvement and problem solving.
- Team player who is a strong individual contributor.
- Willing to roll up sleeves and get jobs done every day.
- Comfortable with metallurgical lab activities and executing test procedures.
- Strong interest in cold finished steel manufacturing, including de-scaling, drawn/rolling, annealing and finishing.
- Interest in building expertise in industry specifications for SBQ bar.
- Interest in gaining customer and supplier contact experience.