116 W Main St Ste 201 Saint Charles, IL 60174
We are seeking a Microstation Designer for a full-service civil engineering consulting firm specializing in site development, federal and tribal, transportation, municipal, construction, environmental and storm water engineering, as well as urban planning.
You should be experienced in reviewing plans and conducting work requiring judgement. Experience with Microstation is required. Experience with site development projects of varying levels of complexity and/or federal work on multidisciplinary teams is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and a willingness to learn business development and client management aspects of projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Performs work that involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively complex features. Assignments usually include one or more of the following: preparation of plans and specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities.
• Prepares reports and correspondence concerning the direction of assigned projects
• Review design details and coordinate technical recommendations. Generally reviews the quality of the project to provide day to day technical support, guidance and input
• Reviews code issues and standards related to Municipal, State, County or Federal regulation
• Produces plans, specifications and reports as needed on assigned tasks to see that these items are complete, accurate and in accordance with good engineering practice. Is technically involved in the solution of design problems that may include detailed design work, and detailed check of design computations done by others or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project
Education & Experience Requirement
• Associates Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field is preferred
• 5+ years of applicable Civil/transportation design experience
• Advanced experience with Mircostation required