2400 Curtiss Street Downers Grove, IL 60515 | Contract to Direct
PEAK' s client specializes in manufacturing mechanical parts for the Aerospace/ Defense Marketplace, including high performance spherical and cylindrical bearings, mechanical seals, gears and electrical components to commercial air transport markets. These products are engineered to meet stringent requirements and are specified in engine systems, flight control systems, landing gear systems and airframe structures. The global customer base includes major engine and airframe OEMs, tier suppliers and aircraft operators.
PEAK' s client is a leading supplier in the Aerospace industry, is seeking a Magnetic Particle Inspector reports directly to the Quality Supervisor. The Magnetic Particle Inspector is responsible for NDT testing of aerospace components throughout the process. The position also includes de-magnetizing and etch stamping parts. The position will also be responsible for training others as well as cross-training within other quality inspection areas. At all times this position is required to follow the proper safety procedures as well as strictly adhere to all documented procedures around the processing of parts. This Position is also responsible for contributing to the improvement of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and 5S in the heat treat department.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Promote safety awareness and comply with all safety rules.
- Effectively perform magnetic particle inspection per ASTM E 1444/E1444M or per customer requirements as specified.
- Strictly adhere to all documented work procedures.
- Work productively and ensure timely flow of orders through the department.
- Demonstrate continued improvement in the areas of quality and productivity.
- Actively contribute to the improvement of 5S in the department.
- Actively participate in cross training program to improve and broaden skill set.
- Minimum of 5 years magnetic particle experience in an aerospace facility, experience in a Nadcap accredited aerospace facility is preferred.
- Level II MAG certification; Wet Method.
- Ability to create and utilize technique sheets.
- Thorough knowledge of ASTME E 1444/E1444M.
- Strong knowledge of reading blueprints and setting/using gauges.
- Ability to read and analyze engineering prints.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to relate to team members well and ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to multitask while being complete in thorough in following documented procedures.
- Attitude of openness to change and exhibit a desire to improve every day.
- Experience participating in Kaizen Events focused on process improvements using lean manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to escalate production and downtime issues to get them resolved in a timely fashion.
- Ability to withstand moderate heat for long periods of time.
- Ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs occasionally.