PO Box 500 MS 347 Batavia, IL 605100500
The FRA Design and Drafting Department is seeking temporary technical support staffing to fill two (2) Drafter/CAD Operator IV positions in the department for an estimated period of one (1) year and four (4) yearly renewal option periods. This position has a mandatory one (1) month probationary period. We are seeking two (2) individuals with a minimum of five years’ experience who are qualified to perform the following tasks with limited supervision:
- Coordinates and works in conjunction with other lab personnel to design, layout, or detail components and systems of a complex nature.
- Reviews and analyzes specifications, sketches, engineering drawings, ideas, and related design data to determine factors affecting component design.
- Performs design calculations, layout design, detailing, and creates advanced level 3D models.
- Performs engineering analysis, including design analysis, evaluations, time and material cost estimates.
- Develops preliminary budgets and design criteria with laboratory personnel.
- Computes mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery, using computer-assisted equipment.
- Creates preliminary engineering specifications, and complex assembly procedures.
- Prepares detailed working diagrams of machinery and mechanical devices, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information.
- Researches and analyzes design solutions, coordinates design development, specifies and selects design components, and materials.
- Oversees ordering and receiving of parts, and coordinates assembly and installation.
- Performs field investigations to assist in resolving design issues.
- Reviews subcontractor drawings for accuracy and coordinates life cycle of design projects using established processes.
- Coordinates and tracks drawing/design progress and changes from start to finish.
- Participates in the documentation and change control of design.
- Maintains document and drawing archives.
- Coordinates and supervises work of lower level personnel, as circumstances require.
- Performs other duties as assigned by reporting manager.
- Abides by and is responsible for performing all duties in accordance with all environmental, health and safety regulations and practices pertinent to this position.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with large assemblies in mechanical and electrical designs and drawings.
- Proven track record as a team player.
- Must be proficient with Computer-Aided Design & Drafting (CADD) software applications.
- Extensive knowledge in NX9, Teamcenter 9, and GD&T or higher.