540 W. Madison Street 16th Floor Chicago, IL 60661
The Network Engineer will plan, design, and implement new technologies, including research, documentation, implementation, and project execution. You will also serve as the last technical hand before engaging a vendor, and accordingly requires the ability to quickly and effectively troubleshoot and resolve high level escalations.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures around things such as the cloud and differing firewalls.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving network related issues.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Crafting solutions to monitor performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and usage.
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Configuring and deploying automation strategies.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Solid technical background with 4+ years’ experience in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware and telecommunications.
- Strong experience in installing, configuring and maintaining network services, equipment and devices.
- Proven experience with Juniper, Cisco, and Arista devices.
- Demonstrate good network security practices.
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders across a wide variety of teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Capable of working effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Contribute to technical aspects of project delivery, planning and risk management.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
- Full Benefit Package, 401K program, and opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing industry with a financially stable company.