Nondestructive Test (NDT) Technician Level II
2320 Wedekind Drive Middletown, OH 45042 | Contract
Conducts radiographic and ultrasonic on metal parts to determine if parts meet nondestructive specifications by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews test orders to determine type of tests requested, test procedures to follow, and part acceptability criteria.
- Applies agents and couplant (acts as medium) to parts.
- Determines test equipment settings according to type of metal, thickness, distance from test equipment, and related variables.
- Calibrates test equipment such as x-ray and ultrasonic contact machines to standard settings.
- Sets up equipment to perform tests, and conducts tests on parts, following procedures established for specified tests performed.
- Moves transducer probe across part when conducting ultrasonic tests and observes CRT (cathode ray tube) screen to detect and locate discontinuities in metal structure.
- Examines film when conducting radiographic tests to locate structural or welding flaws.
- Marks tested parts to indicate defective areas.
- Evaluates test results against designated standards.
- Prepares reports outlining findings and conclusions.
- Performs similar tests on nonmetallic parts or structures.
- Helps train Level I and Jr. NDT Technicians.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Radiographic R/T. (Required)
- Ultrasonic U/T. (Preferred)
- Certification must be obtained for each of the three inspection methods.
- Exams are based upon the ASNT Guideline Supplement TC-1A for the specific inspection method involved.
- The examination questions for each of the levels of certification within each inspection method will progressively be more difficult and representative of the level of knowledge and proficiency required to meet the requirement of the certification level.
- Two year certificate from college or technical school; 5 years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- NDT Level 2.
- Meets the requirements of HRI 18.030.10.
- NAS 410 certified.
- BOEING approved.
- Hamilton Sundstrand approved.
- Local Candidate.
- HRI 18.030.10 and the essential requirements.
- The person will have to take a practical test and be approved.
- Department: Operations.
- Reports to: Supervisor of Operations.