Operations Master Data Analyst (Temporary)
6155 El Camino Real Carlsbad, CA 92009
- The Master Data Analyst will support governance, planning, and execution activities for Oracle master data as it relates to operations. The position has responsibility to ensure that ERP master data and associated processes are functioning optimally and that accuracy is being maintained. This position works in close partnership with many different departments and functional business groups to support operational efficacy.
- Analyze, review, research, and validate data to ensure it is up to date, accurate, and reliable.
- Oversee critical item master attributes for accuracy including but not limited to: Serial/Lot/Revision/Shelf Life Control, Lead/Processing times, make/buy, Installed Base Tracking, Safety Stock, Sourcing Rules, etc.
- Work with internal stakeholders and provide ongoing support of data quality activities to ensure governed attributes are correctly populated and maintained.
- Partner with Engineering, Program Managers, Procurement, and Operations on engineering change orders and material implementation plans.
- Partner with Supply Chain and Operations personnel to identify root cause factors impacting material usage/part availability, planning data/methodologies, and provide ERP system training.
- Create metrics and lead continuous improvement initiatives that optimize business process to reduce costs of master data management.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and effectively engage with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Understand data requirements gathering and possess the ability to translate business requirements to a technical development team.
- Drive data governance initiatives and principles (accuracy, thoroughness, process compliance).
- Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide decision making and help to ensure that the optimal governance structures are in place. Promote the outcomes and results to the organization.
- Write, revise, promote, and develop technical/non-technical written policies and procedures.
- Assist Development teams with user acceptance testing.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related Business field.
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle R12 MRP, ASCP, Purchasing, Receiving, Inventory, Shipping, Installed Base, and Discrete Manufacturing.
- Understanding of demand patterns and ERP/planning fundamentals.
- Experience with PLM systems such as Oracle Agile PLM.
- Experience writing and revising policies and procedures.
- Possess excellent communication skills, prioritization skills, and can work in an agile environment.
- Experience with reporting and analytical tools, such as OBIEE, Alteryx, and Tableau.
- Familiarity with engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to perform under pressure with competing deadlines.
- Understand the interaction between business processes and data attributes.
- U.S. government position. US citizenship required.
- Up to 10% travel.
- APICS certifications preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite. Advanced Excel skills a plus.
- Project management and research experience desired.
Years of Experience: 5-8 years
Travel: Up to 10%
Citizenship: US Citizenship Required