701 Willowbrook Centre Parkway Willowbrook, IL 60527
You will supervise and maintain control of outside plant (OSP) activities surrounding a given work site, maintain accurate records of construction underway, and makes recommendations in support of the project schedule. Based on the interpretation of the daily and weekly schedules, effectively run a crew of two or more, or supervise subcontractor tasking in order to meet or exceed assigned tasks. Accurately gauges capabilities of assigned crew members in order to provide input to daily and weekly project tasking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Supervise in-house and subcontract installers performing OSP activities. Ensure that crews safely perform work in accordance with industry standards, the contract’ s scope of work, and construction drawings.
- Interpret underground utility records, power utility grid maps, railroad validation maps, and plat maps in order to prepare engineering field notes in sufficient clarity and detail to facilitate conversion to CADD programs.
- Make recommendations for changes in running line or construction methodologies due to knowledge or experience in environmental conditions, construction access by crews, or congestion of utilities.
- Understand and actively participates in the engineering, permitting and construction processes in order to support the requirements of the project contract.
- Document and account for own and subcontractors’ work performed at any phase of construction using standard company procedures, and provides written correspondence to the team, the Owner, and to governmental agencies as required.
- Determine and execute correct procedures for OSP fiber optic cable splicing, termination, testing, and documentation.
- Must be able to electronically record daily inspections utilizing a pre-formatted Tracking Sheet.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
One year of OSP engineering or construction experience, or BS/BA degree in construction management or engineering, or an acceptable equivalency in education and experience. A degree in any engineering discipline acceptable, but civil, mechanical or electrical preferred. Desirable work experience includes field engineering lead responsibility/project charge responsibility. Supervisory experience a plus. You must possess a valid driver’ s license.