Operations Support Manager
35 Melanie Lane Whippany, NJ 07981
- Responsible for the oversight of the facilities supervisor and will provide direction and feedback to support facilities projects, Total Productive Maintenance, Environmental Compliance, and Capital Equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for the oversight of the shipping supervisor.
- Provide direction and feedback to support the ongoing needs of the organization and reduce shipping times and errors.
- This position will hold primary responsibility for management of capital expenditures; productivity improvement initiatives for the company and support to the manufacturing side of the organization.
1. Coordinate with the O&R and Test/Inspection Managers to align priorities for the shipping department to support on-time deliveries and customer expedites.
2. Manage Consumables and Special Tools.
3. Conduct interval audits to validate compliance with AS9100 and ISO1400.
4. Follow Lean Manufacturing principals to establish best practices.
5. Responsible for managing daily technical operations for shipping and maintenance while ensuring overall efficiency.
6. Work closely with other Operations managers to support the manufacturing plan.
7. Managing operations process, planning, performance improvement and operations strategy.
8. Facilitate communication between departments in order to reach monthly, quarterly and annual goals.
9. Improve processes and best practices.
10. Conduct activities, tasks and documentation per FAA repair station requirements.
11. Chair the weekly Productivity meeting and focus on productivity projects and maintaining the plan with regards to:
a. Capital Spending
b. Process Improvements
c. New equipment development and vendor coordination.
This position will oversee and direct the activities of the shipping supervisor and maintenance supervisor along with the indirect labor force assigned to these departments.
o Test Department
o Inspection Department
o Quality Inspection
o Shipping & Receiving
o Engineering Lab
1. Bachelor’ s degree required or equivalent experience.
2. Must be capable of performing at a high level with minimum supervision.
3. Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment required.
4. Prior experience in Overhaul & Repair management in an FAA or military aviation maintenance environment.
5. Prior experience with government contract surveillance and contract management.
6. Prior experience with government, FAA, and commercial aviation documents and requirements.
7. Prior experience with procurement and planning in an manufacturing environment.
8. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to clearly express ideas in English.
9. Excellent coordination skills and the ability to prioritize are essential.
10. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is a must.
11. Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles is a plus.
12. Must be familiar with AS9100 & ISO14000
NOTE: While this position requires logistics and program management skills, it also requires an individual who understands the manufacturing process. It almost requires a person to be a jack-of-all-trades. This person would likely be in line to the director of operations and be called upon to run the operations department in the directors absence.