Outbound Logistics Operator
6052 Industrial Way Suite E Livermore, CA 94551
- Responsible for routing and scheduling domestic carriers and freight forwarders. Through coordination with warehouse supervisor, plans, schedules and routes inbound and outbound shipments of freight.
- Prepares outbound carrier documentation including BOL’ s, AWB’ s and SLI’ s.
- Prepares commercial invoices and other export documents for international shipments.
- Ability to review invoices for EEI compliance and, if required, subsequent filing through Customs Web Portal.
- Files all Outbound Documentation in accordance with internal and U.S. Customs regulations (storage, maintenance and preservation).
- Meets with Production Planners and Sales to review and implement shipping schedules.
- Utilizes the SAP database; to review information contained within the sales order and delivery note that applies to Outbound Logistics operations. Able to act on that information as necessary. Able to discern missing information.
- Utilizes the SAP database; to perform transactions and print documentation as required. Adds carrier and tracking information.
- Packaging and crating of outbound shipments.
- Schedule packaging suppliers, including crate manufacturers, for appropriate deliveries.
- Ability to check and verify HTS codes and CO. Report any discrepancies to Material Control.
- Ability to analyze selected Incoterm and to create export documentation based on that information.
- Transmits to customer and/or freight forwarders shipping/export information and documentation.
- Checks and verifies all carrier invoices received before forwarding invoice documents to Accounting department for payment.
- Ability to meet with carrier representatives to review carrier rates, charges, damages and performance (on-time % and damage free %).
- Studies and analyzes company transportation needs for long-range requirements. Meets with potential carriers gathering pricing and service information and report findings to Management.
- Acts as liaison to other personnel providing information needed in a timely, consistent and logical manner.
Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED, college degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in both domestic and international shipping
- Warehouse environment or export analyst experience
- Computer literate
- Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
- Number Of Openings: 1
- Years of Experience: At Least 3 Years
- Level of Education: High School/GED