Outside Sales Engineer
Garden Grove, CA 92841 US
Position: Outside Sales Engineer
Outside sales to end users, mechanical contractors and specifying engineers. Involves regular contact with the contractors, engineers and architects who specify our equipment, ultimately purchased by the contractor. Our expectation is for outside sales personnel to be out of the office three to four days per week and in the office one to two days per week for meetings and to complete necessary paperwork. Training and product education are provided.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Reports directly to the Sales Manager.
- Build relationships with contractors and specifying engineers to develop long term relationships and generate sales prospects.
- Provide project specific proposals and specifications. This requires a complete review of project requirements and where applicable specifications, schedules and drawings.
- Follow up on all quotations and keep management abreast of their status.
- Present our products to contractors, engineers and architects and provide the features and benefits of each.
- Equipment sizing to assist engineers and contractors in proper equipment selection.
- Utilize the company CRM (Client relation Management) software to track projects.
- Participate in industry trade associations
- Conduct regular lunch seminars for contractors and engineers to maximize exposure of our products and services.
- Must have engineering background or technical aptitude.
- Home based position. Requires a “Self-starter” that exhibits a high level of output with minimal supervision.
- Display a willingness to learn, and to expand in the position.
- Be a team player.
- Be very detailed.
- Other functions as may be required