PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER
2220 University Dr Newport Beach, CA 92660
The IoT Solutions division leads the ioXt blockchain-enabled security platform, which brings carrier-grade security to the unlicensed home, enterprise, and industrial markets. The Internet of Secure Things, ioXt, provides a distributed ledger of network security rules for mobile devices, smart home devices and 5G hubs by featuring a blockchain approach in which any change requires consensus amongst the members of the network.
The Principal Software Engineer will implement software and communication protocols to connect devices to cloud based systems. They will also design, test and debug software while working closely with other teams to define requirements. Development tasks may include embedded firmware development in battery powered devices, embedded Linux applications and drivers, and cloud hosted applications. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in security protocols, methods, and blockchain.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Five or more (5+) years embedded development experience.
- Proficiency in Java, Python, C++.
- Familiarity with communication protocols such as TCP, TLS, MQTT, and HTTPS.
- Experience with cloud IoT platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Strong understanding of security across devices, connectivity, cloud, and user interfaces.
- Experience with Zigbee, Z-Wave, OCF, WiFi, BLE and Cellular devices desired.
- Strong understanding of IP based communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with blockchain solutions.
- Experience with development on prototype hardware.