6000 W 73rd Street Suite A Bedford Park, IL 60638
In this position, you will provide expertise on End of Line Packaging equipment to plant management, plant operators, and packaging design engineers with the goal of improving installation, training, and production efficiency, reducing waste, and improving designs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become a company resource regarding End of Line automation such as case erectors, packers, palletizers, bagger, sealer, etc.
- Work onsite during installation, training, and ramp up phases.
- Understand failures, investigate, analyze, and redesign work.
- Analyze production and, if different, determine true specifications for designs vs. those given by manufacturer.
- Communicate and work with all stakeholders including company executives, plant management, plant operations, packaging engineers, procurement, suppliers, etc.
- Create packaging designs using CAD, TOPS/CAPE.
- Help with Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) of new equipment.
- Using your expertise and knowledge of equipment, help with processes and layouts.
- BS in Packaging Engineering, Packaging Science or similar is required.
- Experience with packaging design.
- Understanding of packaging materials and processes.
- Excellent communication skills-must be able to communicate with people of all levels including executives, plant management, plant operations, suppliers.
- Understanding and experience with automation equipment.
- Experience with CAD, TOPS/CAPE.
- Must be able and willing to travel extensively across the US.