7701 W 79th St. Bridgeview, IL 60455
While maintaining a focus on Packaging Engineering, you will be part of a special project team focusing on packaging automation. Project management skills and the ability to interact with multiple manufacturing plants and corporate personnel will be necessary to succeed in this position.
Previous NPD experience with foam, bag, film and corrugated is desirable.
- Use of TOPS/CAPE for packaging design
- Understanding of all packaging materials used in development and ongoing production
- Support growth objectives with new packaging designs, cost effective packaging and new technology
- Develop packaging specifications, material alternatives, engineering change orders and cost estimates
- Collect data, interpret results, qualify new materials, formulate and then communicate recommendations
- Assist in driving improvements throughout supply chain
- Reduce costs with improvements in packaging to reduce material costs and improve manufacturing converting processes
- Provide technical support to procurement for vendor management initiatives
- B.S. degree in Packaging Engineering required
- Must be proficient with TOPS/CAPE & Microsoft Office programs including Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Experience/Understanding of automated packaging equipment such as baggers is preferred.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with cross functional groups, teams, and accommodate changing business priorities.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Must have excellent time management and professional communication skills.
- Ability to resolve problems without delay and/or to seek managerial intervention and operate under, time-sensitive deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel to domestic sites, travel ranging expect to be 20-25% but may reach 50% for periods of time.