Packaging Engineer-Junior level
6000 W 73rd Street Suite B Bedford Park, IL 60638
- One of PEAK' s clients is looking for a Packaging Engineer who will be responsible for designing new case packaging for new product design.
- Ideally, you will have 2-3 years of experience with a solid knowledge of packaging theory, how to design pallet patterns, and understanding of cube layout.
- Project management skills and the ability to interact with multiple manufacturing plants and corporate personnel will be necessary to succeed in this position.
- You will report to a Sr. Packaging Engineer.
Your work responsibilities will include:
- Packaging engineering design for development and ongoing production of packaging materials related to the manufacturing of products.
- Support growth objectives with new packaging designs, cost effective packaging and new technology.
- Develop packaging specifications, material alternatives, engineering change orders and cost estimates.
- Collect data, interpret results, qualify new materials, formulate and then communicate recommendations to influence business decisions and solve problems.
- Assist in driving improvements throughout supply chain.
- Provide technical support to procurement for vendor management initiatives.
- B.S. degree in Packaging Engineering required.
- Strong Packaging design skills, especially design of corrugated packaging.
- Must be proficient with TOPS/CAPE.
- Experience with SAP is highly preferred.
- Microsoft Office programs including Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work with cross functional groups, teams, and accommodate changing business priorities.
- Must have excellent time management and professional communication skills.
- Self-directed and uses judgment to proactively seek guidance from management or update status to management.