Packing Operations Supervisor
51360 Technology Court Shelby Township, MI 48315
- Keep a positive attitude and set the tone for the rest of your team.
- Quarterly review for all packing team members to keep them on track and help them understand where they are exceling and where they are struggling.
- Coordinate with all other department supervisors when reviewing staff with multiple roles in the company.
- Work with Outbound Operations Manager to ensure a documented process is created for the packing department.
- Ensure all of the staff is abiding by the documented process supplied.
- Work with staff on any errors made and take any necessary corrective action to ensure the individual is working to become a better part of the team.
- Any and all corrective actions must be communicated to the Outbound Operations Manager for documentation.
- Field any and all administrative questions from packing team if the answer to their questions is not available work with the Oubound Operations Manager to get a timely response.
- Check Outbound Operations master time off calendar to approve or deny any time off request and turn into the Outbound Operations Manager for tracking.
- Consistently look at the packing operation in our warehouse and bring ideas to help make us faster and more efficient to the Outbound Operations Manager for consideration.
- Control the flow of orders for the packers by handing carts out to each station using first in first out methodology to ensure everyone has equal workload.
- Communicate the unconfirmed number to all of the packers on the floor to help keep them informed and on track to hit our noon goal.
- Coordinate with picking and shipping supervisors to ensure all orders before noon are packed and shipped by the end of the day.
- Coordinate with Outbound Operations Manager to prioritize any order that the sales or customer service team need to move quickly on if possible.
- Keep track of what task each employee is working on throughout the day to ensure that the Outbound Operations Manager is aware of anything that may have affected an individual staff member’ s numbers in a negative way.
- Set up stations and work with any temporary staff that we bring in to do bagging and tagging projects.
- Pack orders and maintain minimum requirement numbers.
- Department: Outbound Operation.
- Reports to: Outbound Operations Manager.