Partnership Manager - Baseball
Hawthorne, CA 90250 US
Partnership Manager, Baseball
Position will report to the Producer of PD3 Development and Brand Manager of the Baseball franchise. This position will work closely with the Brand manager and Licensing team in Japan to successfully execute licensing and partnership opportunities for baseball franchises. Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Obtain licensor approvals, for both production-related items and Promotional materials.
- Manage approval requests & feedback on JIRA or internal systems.
- Understand the priority of both the production team and promotion team.
- Communicate with licensors both in verbal and written forms.
- Keep the key stakeholders; the Production Team, Promotion team, and License team updated.
- Gather and generate a weekly report containing relevant information regarding MLB game licenses in mobile, console, NFT, and other platforms.
- Study competitor titles and provide an analysis of how licenses are used.
- Identify and report potential licensing opportunities for game production.
- Assist Brand Manager in managing the use of marketing rights related to the league and players.
- Plan and execute photo scanning of players and Stadiums with the production team.
- Own the photo scanning project and work with the vendor and the production team.
- Coordinate production team’s visit to license-related Baseball events, conferences, and other opportunities.
- Create and develop relationships with licensors and partners. Help the production team to expand its business by constantly connecting the production team with licensors, retired players, current players, play-by-play commentators, managers, etc.
- Attend weekly/bi-weekly meetings with the HQ team to update Japan HQ with the latest.
- Must have a passion for Major League Baseball and its culture
- Ability to quickly identify famous baseball players, retired players, and coaches
- Project management skill is needed.
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
- Fluency/proficiency in English & Spanish is preferred.
- Passion for mobile and console Games.
- 2+ years of work experience in the mobile game or video game industry
- Proven ability to lead and manage multiple work streams simultaneously
- Comfortable working in an execution-focused, fast-paced environment balancing multiple projects and priorities balancing short-term goals and long-term vision for the team
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate good listening, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Better to be familiar with information on player stats and transfers
- Able to understand Japanese is big plus but not required