Payroll Administrator (Temp)
9106 Balboa Avenue San Diego, CA 92123
We are looking for an efficient Payroll Administrator to be responsible for all tasks involved in processing weekly and bi-weekly payrolls. The Payroll Administrator has a range of duties that include collecting time sheets, calculating wages, and ensuring employees receive their pay on time for approx. 200 employees. This position serves as the HR department liaison to Financial services and provides payroll and compensation information as needed.
As a successful Payroll Administrator, you should be able to carry out all tasks with high attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch Payroll Administrator should be highly organized, possess excellent math skills, maintain confidential employee information and capable of meeting critical PR deadlines.
Payroll Admin Responsibilities:
- Collecting and verifying time sheets – Employees and Temp Employees
- Entering employee information and payroll data into the system.
- Answering employees' questions and concerns regarding payroll.
- Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, taxes, and deductions.
- Issuing statements detailing earnings and deductions.
- Investigating and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Maintaining and updating payroll records.
- Preparing periodic payroll reports.
- Proficient in understanding CA labor laws & regulations
Payroll Admin Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Degree in accounting, related field or CPP preferred.
- Experience with Syteline, Visibility or other manufacturing tracking software a plus.
- Proficient in ADP Enterprise and using ADPR.
- Advanced skills in Excel highly desirable.
- 2-5 years previous experience in a payroll department.
- Knowledge of payroll software is beneficial.