4211 Monarch Way, Ste 108 Norfolk, VA 23508
As a growing Department of Defense Contractor we are expanding its workforce and has a NEW OPENING for a Penetration Tester III.
This position will provide penetration and cybersecurity support of tests and evaluations for the Department of the Navy. The candidate will provide expertise and guidance utilizing tools and techniques to conduct cyber vulnerability and penetration testing of exercise and test events in support of US Government test activities.
- Participate in the event planning stages to develop cyber assessment plans. Observes and assesses fleet and combatant command exercises.
- Assist in cybersecurity test design efforts for of acquisition programs under test.
- Assist Operational Test Directors in identifying cybersecurity requirements.
- Diagnose acquisition programs' network issues, resolve problems and correct to maximize availability; document network problems and resolution for future reference and refinement of programs.
- Conduct Cybersecurity pre-execution site surveys.
- Conduct Cybersecurity architecture (System Unit Test or System of Systems) review and document review for systems under test.
- Observe, collect data, conduct interviews, document test results, and support system restoration to pre-test state.
- Analyze Cybersecurity data.
- Analysis of cybersecurity in support of systems under test.
- Execute cybersecurity test requirements and improve process and practices.
- Develop cybersecurity test designs to support Operational Test Directors.
- Develop representative exploitations to fully test the cybersecurity of any system under test.
- Develop and execute data collection plan.
- Manually examine system and network configurations, system logs, and devices.
- Total Years of Related Experience for Position: 3-5+ years of red team experience with at least 2 years in a DoD/Federal Government
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Business or related fields preferred.
- DoDD 8570 Level III certification.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) required.
- Global Information Assurance Global Penetration Tester certification (GIA-GPEN) desired.
- OSCP desired.
- Certified Red Team member preferred.
- 3-5+ years of red team experience with at least 2 years in a DoD or Federal government.
- Experience with penetration testing and test methodologies.
- Knowledge of networking and communication protocols and devices (routers, switches, firewalls).
- Experience with Shell scripting required.
- PowerShell and Python experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Windows Operating System required.
- Experience of Linux Operating System preferred.
- Ability to clearly articulate through both written and verbal communications.
- Travel required (up to 50%).
- Active TS/SCI clearance required.
- An essential qualification for this position is successfully obtaining a Top Secret/SCI security clearance issued by the Federal Government, which may require successful completion of a background check.