Pipeline & Utility Designer / Mapper
10540 Talbert Ave. Suite 100 Fountain Valley, CA 92708
This is an opportunity for Civil Engineers and Designers to support pipeline and utility design, mapping, and database development using AutoCAD.
The work process typically involves investigating and documenting existing features, utilities, and other subsurface structures in southern California, incorporating survey and property/right-of-way information, developing exhibits for communication and permitting, and preparing construction drawings.
Work is primarily in the office, but there is often opportunity to do field investigation and validation for the pipeline and utility designs.
The primary tool used in this work is AutoCAD Civil3D.
Some designers also use GIS as part of the work flow process and development of deliverables, depending on project requirements and the initiative of individuals to learn and apply ESRI and other GIS systems to the completion of the work.
- Minimum of 4 years of technical experience relative to the engineering and/or design of infrastructure facilities.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil3D is required.
- Position also requires the demonstrated ability to learn new software, standards, and work processes quickly.
- Bachelor Degree in engineering is desirable, and successful performance and years of engineering study will apply to experience requirements.
- Some experience with construction is a plus, but not required.
- Specific related pipeline or utility-related design experience, either with an engineering firm or utility operator, and command of AutoCAD Civil3D and ArcGIS is preferred.