Piping Design Manager
Indianapolis, IN 46204 US
- We're looking for a Piping Design Manager in Indianapolis, IN who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business.
- Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including state of the art industrial and commercial facilities.
- You’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of assigned routine engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget and schedule for assigned tasks, you’ll effectively recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly.
- Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will review vendor drawings, execute piping engineering design, and develop design estimates.
- As a passionate leader, you’ll leverage your people management skills to help your team members discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose and guiding them forward.
- Ensure, at a high level, that the total delivery of the Piping Design and Engineering deliverables meets quality expectations, schedules, and are within performance budgets.
- Quality, Accountability, and Responsibility for deliverables produced by the department.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to less experienced personnel as necessary including encouraging/assisting with their career advancement. As a mentor, provide technical instruction as required.
- Manage the department staff level to balance the number of resources with the amount of work. This includes increasing staff, loaning to and/or borrowing from other offices or shifting work between offices.
- Promote Global Integrated Delivery execution philosophy for all project phases
- Provide department staff forecasting on a regular basis.
- Evaluate employee performance feedback and provide corrective actions, if required
- Assist in project proposals by ascertaining scope, determining the required engineering/design budgets, and when necessary, serve as Piping Design and Engineering expert during proposal presentations.
- Research/resolve technical challenges and other unusual design issues that affect one or more projects.
- Work with others as required to incorporate code and safety requirements into designs.
- Maintain effective communications with department members, higher management and sometimes with clients.
- Promote the global data centric tool initiative and assist the team in growing technical competency
- Firm understanding of Piping Design and Engineering deliverables, associated effort hour metrics, change control procedures, and physical progress measurement methods
- Develop and manage Life Sciences Piping Design and Engineering Work Processes
- Associate’s degree (AA) in Computer Aided Drafting and Design or Bachelors in Engineering
- At least 15 years of piping design experience with pharmaceutical/industrial/chemical including ASME, ASME BPE, ANSI, PED, cGMP Manufacturing codes and standards
- Must have demonstrated experience in leading the design on a variety of projects sizes and execution approaches
- Advanced working knowledge of piping design in 2D/3D modeling software such as S3D, AutoCad, or Microstation
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams