5000 Elk River Rd South Elkview, WV 25071
- This is an intermediate level position.
- The Piping Designer will be responsible for the preparation of engineering drawings for all construction work by utilizing PDMS.
- In close cooperation with the engineering department team, the Piping Designer will produce detailed drawings, including as-builts, schematics and flow diagrams, P&ID' s and piping drawings.
- Piping Designer with PDMS & field experience needed to:
- Perform field walkdown of existing P&ID’ s
- Shoot elevation with level & tripod locate tie point dimensionally
- Route pipe through existing facilities
- Return to the office and input field data into the PDMS model
- As some projects will utilize Laser Scanning, experience with the scan and PDMS is a plus
- Experience executing projects within existing facilities with many obstructions and other design constraints
- 5-10 years' experience in Piping design of Chemical facilities required, with at least 2 years of PDMS experience.
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
- Basic understanding of piping layouts and field drawings is required
- Good oral and written communication
- Previous safety awareness training
- Able to perform job walks wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in an operating facility in a hot climate