622 Emerson Road Suite 600 St Louis, MO 63141
We are seeking a Mid/Sr Piping Designer to report to our client' s St. Louis, MO Location. The qualifying Mid/Sr Piping Designer Must have strong emphasis with Auto Plant 3D experience.
The piping designers should have food, beverage and packaging experience.
This designer will primarily be responsible for leading the piping design and CAD (Plant 3D) drafting effort for portions of facility design and build, which can include oil refining, chemical, and petrochemical facilities projects assigned. This designer will work closely with the principal piping designer various project managers and discipline engineers to perform and coordinate design for projects assigned.
This designer will provide oversight to the design work done by other designers throughout the division. Other duties will be as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associates and Bachelor Degrees preferred would consider with a mixed background of education and experience
- 5-10+ years’ experience in process piping design required
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to be a design area lead, directing and checking the work of other designers in a team environment
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Autodesk Plant 3D software is required
- Proficiency in CadWorx, Navisworks Simulate software is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of process plant equipment, piping systems function and interaction, pipe stress, pipe support common practice, and piping layout is required.
- Process plant layout experience is a plus
Drawings and Tasks:
- Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID) Layout and Checking
- Plot Plan Layout and Checking
- Equipment Location Plan Layout and Checking
- 3D Equipment Modeling and Checking
- 3D Piping Modeling and Checking
- 3D Piping Specification Database Checking
- 3D Model Review Driver
- Piping Drawing Checking
- Lead Site Work in Process Facility
- Check Other Discipline Drawings (Squad Check)
- Check Vendor Drawings and Data
- Local candidates are a plus.