Piping Field Engineer
8541 Laguna Station Rd Elk Grove, CA 95758
One of the most prominent construction companies in the nation, and internationally, is hiring for 3 Piping Field Engineers with experience ranging from 4-10 years.
- Bachelor' s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Civil Engineering.
- B.S. in engineering or related field or 10 years plus of construction experience in municipal water and/or waste water treatment facilities or related industries.
- Previous piping/mechanical and/or civil underground piping filed engineering experience in municipal water and/or wastewater treatment facilities or heavy industrial construction is preferred.
- Familiarity with welding processes and weld quality inspection preferred.
- Must be computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and data base development, Adobe Bluebeam, AutoCad and Revit a plus.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must have basic familiarity with ASME B31.3, AWWA code requirements.
- Hydro Testing, Pneumatic Testing experience.
- Reviews specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedule, instruction manuals and technical data.
- Performs inspections of all pipe work in progress, below and above ground on a continual basis and complete final checkout of piping/mechanical equipment installations to ensure quality and conformance to specifications and codes prior to turnover and startup.
- Assist project controls and Construction Management in the establishment of detailed work plans/packages and look-a-head schedules.
- Review of product submitting, generation of RFI' s, etc.
- Track NCR' s, Rework Items, Field Instructions and Changes.
- Able to perform detailed takeoffs and initiate and track field purchase materials, receipt inspections for pipe/equipment commodities and generate cost estimates.
- Drafting skills in piping and structural supports orthographically, plus generation of piping fabrication isometrics.